Saturday, June 5, 2021

Get Ready, Get Set....

The ARRL VHF/UHF Contest is next weekend. I'm reading my equipment in between chores. Crimped some shorter LMR-400 Max (started with 2', down to probably 19' now that I screwed up a section). I'll probably operate as a "rover." Like the last few years, I'll spend a majority of my time in FM08 on the top of Hogback Mountain along the beautiful Skyline Drive. Nothing like pulling an all-nighter hammering out some Morse Code like the fate of the free world rests with me and my trembling fingers. I'll follow up the next day from home after Mass (grid FM18) to fully qualify as a rover.

Since I fried my IC-7000 last year, I'll be operating FM using my Kenwood TM-D710G in my Jeep. It will beacon my position via APRS. New this year: I will operate a VHF/UHF using transverter on my Elecraft KX3 by Alex Shatun (UR3LMZ). Will also have a small VHF Yagi with me as well. This should be plenty fun.
Newly crimped LMR-400 Ultra


No comments:

Post a Comment